Monday, February 13, 2012

So SICK of Being Sick!

     I cannot believe I woke up yesterday with my whole left side of my sinuses blocked, a sore throat, and lovely coughing all OVER again! ARGH!!! I just finished two weeks of antibiotics (strong ones, too) and I was starting to feel better, but now I am back to square one. Head pounding, dizzy spells, allergy symptoms… I am SO SICK of being sick!!! Want to know the cherry on top of this sinus infection sundae?! That’s right, you guessed it, a cherry alright: my frickin’ period!!! My face is broken out, I feel fat and bloated, and it’s like a crime scene in my pants AND my bathroom. (By the way, I figure since I’m blogging now and putting all my feelings out there for everyone to see, F*** IT! You’re getting all the gory details whether you like it or not! LOL. Hey, at least you're not getting pictures! HAHA)

     Plus, is it just me or do you all feel like when you’re on your period EVERYONE knows it?! (Not just all my fellow BOOBS that see me posting it in my internet blog, of course!) I mean, EVERYONE hears me unwrapping my tampons in the bathroom, everyone sees me sneaking Girl Scout cookies in the break-room, and everyone knows my pizza face means my hormones are a’ raging! Why don’t I just wear a scarlet letter ‘P’ on my shoulder?! This blows... and it happens EVERY month! Can I just say that MEN SUCK because THEY don’t have to deal with this every month?! Well, they do in a way… but not they, themselves! (Oh, now my PMS-ing is quite apparent to you all, heh?!)

     So, WHY is all this relevant to you, my new-found wonderful weight-loss buds? Well, because everything in my body, from my sinuses to my ovaries, is telling me that: 1) I am not capable of killing myself in the gym and getting back into a workout routine yet (ARGH), and 2) I feel like eating obscene amounts of junk food in an effort to ‘make myself feel better’. About three weeks ago, I started two weeks of antibiotics, which one of the ‘side effects’ was tendonitis so I knew I couldn’t strain myself or do any weight-lifting. About four weeks ago, I was on my period (of course) so I was pretty miserable and starting to get sick and NOW it seems like this god-awful cycle has started all over again!

     What I want to know is, how do you all deal with it?! I mean, I have heard that working out through your cramps and period can actually help with menstrual pain, but don’t you just feel like curling up in bed with a tub of Ben & Jerry’s instead?! I need ideas- inspiration! I feel bad because I’m not working out so I don’t start working out, but I know if I did that I would probably feel a lot better… but not at first, I would mostly feel better in the long-run… SIGH (grabs another piece of sugar free Russell Stover’s chocolate) Oh yeah, and happy almost Valentine’s Day- it’s certainly red all over for me! ;) Lord know my husband’s not gettin’ any tomorrow (God bless the poor man)!

7 comments:

Steph said...

When it is that time, I just want to curl up in the fetal position, take heavey pain killers and make it through that first day, BUT I've found that walking around the neighborhood helps ease my cramps some and also helps me not feel like I am being a total couch potato. I hope you feel better soon because you sounded like hell yesterday and save the girl scout cookies and the BOOBS wine I gave you for when you are feeling better! :) Feel Better soon!!!

jennxaz said...

I take the depo shot so I never know when it is the time....My husband thinks he knows when...lies! new follower here! Awesome inspiration on the weight loss.

~Sandi @ This one time at 'band' camp... said...

Feel better soon, it sucks being sick!

Anonymous said...

Working out (+water) helps my cramps like nothing else! I hate tying up my sneakers when I'm about to get my sweat on and do try to talk myself out of it right until the moment I start but I so so so feel better physically and mentally after! This all coming from a fellow HEAVY FLOW-er. :)

Laura Belle said...

holy hell you crack me up!

Unfortunately my body has decided to take a side trip to crazytown this last few months. My last two periods were so bad that I had to damn near OD on hydrocodon. Sosososo painful.

Wanna know what I paid my Dr. $25 to tell me about it???? 'oh, just take some advil when you first feel the cramps.' Genius Dr. Dumbass.

I say work out if you feel like it. Don't if you don't. I know I have before, and it's helped. not only with cramps but with wanting to shove your hole with junk.

MandaPanda said...

New follower here and yes it sucks to be a woman sometimes! There's no way men could handle what we go through month in and month out. No freakin' way. Hang in there sweetie!

Carbie Girl said...

crime scene in your pants... how is that something I've never thought of myself? HILARIOUS :0) New follower here, hope youre feeling much better this week <3